The unusual case of a contemporary poet whose most public, expansive voice is his most authentic.
– Helen McNeil, Times Literary Supplement
Crase has what it usually takes several books to achieve: an important subject; a consistent and supple attitude toward it; and a style rich enough to answer to it.
– Charles Molesworth, The New York Times Book Review
For sheer ambition, ingenuity, and wit, Crase stands alone.
– Jay Parini, The New Republic
One of the most important poets of his generation.
– Roger Gilbert, Oxford Companion to 20th-century Poetry in English
Crase’s first book is not, after all, a closed case, a done deal. We still need him.
– Barry Schwabsky, Hyperallergic